top of page

Making new t-shirts out of old ones

I had a pile of old t-shirts that no longer fit, but weren't good enough to pass on.

So I've been upcycling them into new, smaller ones for my littlest babe.

This one in particular I added some handpainted details to the white sleeves. For this I just used normal acrylic paint mixed with textile medium, and fixed it by ironing (probably the only time I'll iron a t-shirt 😀). It's quite refreshing to do surface pattern design manually for a change.

And as you can see in the later pics they decided to add some of their own artwork to it as well!

(This is the Ringer Tee which is a free pattern by Brindle and Twig.)

Recent Posts

See All


Post: Blog2_Post
bottom of page